Boy, what a difference a few months make. My summertime blues have been replaced with "Yea, summer!" and things have just been fun and busy. I am officially on my seven weeks of (unfortunately, unpaid) vacation, but boy, how can you complain about seven weeks of vacation??!!
I am off to the U.S. on the 11th for a two-week visit, partially for work and mostly to see my friends and family. I am just so excited - I can't wait to see everyone. One of the good things about having Facebook (despite my mopey previous post) is that I have reconnected with several school friends, and one teach from grade school, so I have visit planned with lots of people I haven't seen in ages. Like, literally, ages. Twenty, 25 years or more.
I think getting summer underway really kickstarts the energy. Not working such a long week, I am free to ride my bike (doing about 100 miles per week), take care of the house (and my husband!). Tonight we are meeting some friends in next to us for dinner and karaoke, although I think I am the only one who will sing (and I use the term 'sing' pretty loosely...). On Monday, I am driving to Angers to spend the day with a friend to do some shopping and girl stuff (and speak English - she is a French woman who teaches English in a nearby school), so I am looking forward to that.
In July, I had a real treat because a client of mine from Portland came to visit Paris and Patrice and I went to stay there and give her and her colleague a tour around. It was great to see them and show them "my Paris". The funny thing is, I had thought that a great business to start here (along with the million other people doing it) would be a travel company but just one day of trying to keep TWO people on track and get everything done in time was pretty exhausting. Still, that's something I may keep in mind for the future.


1 comment:
Post a Comment