Sunday, October 12, 2008

It's the Little Things that Matter

It's funny how the little things in life can bring a huge, huge smile to your face and carry you for days. Every night before he goes to bed, Patrice stacks all the couch cushions on a chair and places a blanket on the couch to avoid excess cat hair getting all over it. We have this red velveteen couch that is like a MAGNET for cat hair and every day when I do housework, I re-arrange the cushions, vacuum them, etc. as part of my normal routine . (Note to self: Never, never, never buy a dark velvet couch!)

I told Patrice the night before that in the morning that my friend Denise was coming over for a coffee. When I woke up after he had left for work, I saw that he had taken off all the blankets and arranged the cushions for me. As small of a gesture as that sounds - it was just so touchingly thoughtful. That even in getting ready for work, he thought of me and of something that would make my day a little nicer. Two days later, I still smile when I think about it!

No comments: